Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving


Our Thanksgiving weekend started off with deep cleaning the house so I could put up Christmas decorations on Friday. What a fun way to spend Thanksgiving morning! Taylor was a big help though and helped me make these pumpkin oatmeal cookies that were delicious!

This is the picture from MyBakingAddiction.com where I got the recipe.
I forgot to take a picture of mine and Taylor's.
That afternoon, we headed to Mama Donna's for Thanksgiving dinner. There were over 20 people at her house and at least 7 people were missing! We have a BIG family!

Friday morning included a deep cleaning of the kitchen and then a little Black Friday shopping. We didn't go anywhere close to the big crowds though, I just can't handle it!

Once we got home, I got most of our Christmas decorations up. Our 'Bama tree isn't up yet, but I'm not sure I have the time to put it up.

On Saturday, we headed to Brad's for Thanksgiving with Adam's family and then to the Iron Bowl! It was a pretty fun Iron Bowl (for Alabama fans anyway)! You can't beat 49-0! We did have to bundle up because it was cold. We took 5 blankets to the game!

On Sunday, we went to church and then had Taylor's birthday party. Check out the last post for the fun pictures!

It was a great Thanksgiving weekend, but I was exhausted when it was over. Poor Taylor didn't get a nap the entire weekend and was a little bit of a drama queen before the weekend was over. I'll know better (as will Mama Donna) than to think she can make it without naps and going to bed late.

After that long weekend, I do have a (somewhat) clean house and Christmas decorations up to enjoy the rest of the Christmas season. I'm also in the process of getting a lot of Christmas shopping done online! I'll be done before long!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment