Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, January 16, 2012

Taylor's 2nd Birthday!

On Nov 20th we celebrated Taylor's 2nd birthday! I can't believe its been two years since my sweet girl was born! Time flies!


This cute shirt was made just for her party by Jennymo Designs http://www.jennymo.com/

I searched and searched trying to come up with a cute theme for her birthday. She loves Dora and Elmo, but I felt those were used a ton and I wanted something different. She loves to "lellow", so I finally decided on a color themed birthday party. (I think the first color they taught her at school was yellow. She is finally starting to say something more like color, instead of "lellow").

Her party was a blast! A big thanks to family showing up early the day of the party to help peel and cut fruit and veggies, pick up balloons and help do any other last minute things that needed to be done.

Not too long before her party, I finally broke down and joined Pinterest. I'm so glad I did, I got some great ideas from there!



The table was set up with butcher paper as a table cloth and crayons so kids could color.

Thanks to my wonderful Aunt Cathy all the fruit and veggies were cut, peeled and separated by color to continue the theme! Aunt Cathy and I even separated the goldfish by color!
I know, I'm crazy!


 Based on a couple of ideas off Pinterest, we set up butcher paper along the fence and wrote all the kids names in painters tape. There was plenty of paint and the kids had a blast painting over their name. Once it was all dry (thanks to Adam getting out an extension cord and blow dryer), we pulled the tape off and everyone had their own artwork to take home from the party. Unfortuately, I don't have a picture of the finished product, but here's lots of pictures of the painting.





Wishing it would dry...also wish I had a picture of Adam
with the blow dryer, trying to get it dry. That was a sight!

 While the paint dried, we played in the sand, slid and played Peek-a-Boo with the parents!





We finally made it to cake time and enjoyed this amazing cake!

Louise's Cakes and Things did a fabulous job! http://cakes-n-things.com/
My friend just bought this bakery from Ms. Louise in November.
Then it was time for presents! Oh, the many presents. We will definitely be putting "No gifts" on the invitation next year. We don't have room for so many gifts!



And, finally for the big present from Mom, Dad, Nannie, Papa, Mama Donna, and Papa Rex...a Barbie jeep! After her initial head first dive into the Jeep, each friend got to take a turn riding in it.








When the party ended, all the kids went home with their name artwork and coloring books featuring themselves as the main character (thanks to Crayola Story Studio). We had also spent the week before her party melting down crayons and creating unique crayons for all the children to take home with their coloring book.

We had so much fun and were so grateful for all the friends and family that came and celebrated Taylor's birthday!













No comments:

Post a Comment