Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Diamond Doll Softball


We signed Taylor up for teeball this Spring. She seemed to LOVE it! We are debating on letting her play Fall Ball, but with a new baby (hopefully!), I'm not sure we'll have the time. 

She learned a lot and by the end of the "season", she was doing really well going after the ball and trying to get the other team out. She hit and ran well from the beginning. She could throw pretty well but never during the game. 

First practice
 1, 2, 3 Diamond Dolls

Second practice


 
The team!

Andi loved coming to watch Taylor play!

I love this picture!
Since I work with the coach, I got asked to be Team Mom, and of course I couldn't say no. The first week wasn't the best. I didn't know what I was doing and neither did the girls. All of the moms got to together during the first week and a couple of crafty moms came up with some buckets for each girl to keep their stuff in and a poster to help us remember the lineup. Everything ran very smoothly after that! 

As team mom, I was in charge of getting the crazy socks. The crazier, the better!! I found 5 (of 7) pairs at Academy and thought for sure another Academy would have 2 other pairs. No such luck! Then, I was on a mission to find socks for the first game. I ended up running across some at Target, but only 3 pair. I asked them to check other Targets and found 3 more pairs at the one beside our house and 1 more pair at the Target close to Adam's work. Finally, I (somewhat) succeeded at Team Mom! 

All of the dads ended up being like assistant coaches, helping the girls during practice and making sure they stayed in place during their outfield time. Like I mentioned, the first week was very chaotic, but it seemed to calm down a little after that. 

Overall, Taylor had a blast and can't wait to play again!



No comments:

Post a Comment