Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3rd Trimester

Today is my due date and I wish I was still pregnant, awaiting the birth of my healthy baby girl. Since Taylor came 3 weeks early, I never really expected Leah to wait this long. But, I especially didn't expect what happened to happen.

My third trimester was fairly uneventful until the Friday before Christmas. I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, but I had those with Taylor, so I wasn't worried. The Friday afternoon before Christmas I started having real contractions. They weren't taking my breath away, but they were certainly more uncomfortable than Braxton Hicks. I finally decided to call the doctor and they had me come into the hospital. I was only about 34.5 weeks and my doctor hadn't checked to see if I was dilated. I wasn't, so they gave me a shot to stop them and we came home. I look back and wish so badly I could've had Leah that night. I would have her in my arms right now. I know she's in a much better place and being loved perfectly, but it's so hard not having my baby girl with me.

I ended up calling the doctor again on Christmas Eve because I had contractions for 4 hours every 2-4 minutes or so. Again, they weren't taking my breath away, so the doc told me not to worry. Eventually, they stopped that night. I continued having contractions like that for another week or so before they finally stopped coming regularly for a while at a time.

I'll tell Leah's story in another post, but here's my pregnancy pictures from the last trimester.

      28 weeks with Taylor                           28 weeks with Leah

32 weeks with Taylor                           32 weeks with Leah

                                                             
I don't have 36 weeks with Taylor               36 weeks with Leah




No comments:

Post a Comment