Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Month 2: Clothes Recap

In trying to keep with the 7 theme, I'm attempting to come up with 7 things I learned during clothes month.

1) I had (and still have) way too many clothes! I wore less than 50 articles of clothing and accessories for a whole month, and yet still have 4X that many.

2) Even with the variety I gave myself (50 items vs 7), I still desired more variety. I really did get tired of wearing the same stuff (and washing every couple of days!). Also, I ended up with only one necklace option, so I very rarely wore jewelry, which was disappointing some days.

3) Um, no one even noticed I wore the same clothes every week!

4) In addition, I don't think I would notice if someone else significantly cut down their wardrobe. Given 3 and 4, why do I feel the need to have many more clothes than I actually need? Why do I have this desire for cute clothes?

5) Contradicting the questions above...It's hard for me to turn down a sale! I have to admit, I went shopping during clothes month (GASP!). We were at the beach (how can you not go to the outlets?), and I had a 20% off coupon, along with a gift card with about $45 left on it. Both were burning holes in my wallet. Sad, I know. I originally spent WAY too much, but I couldn't even get in the truck without thinking about what I was trying to do during clothes month. I ended up taking 3 things back. The stuff I kept I have already worn since Sunday when clothes month was officially over. (I know May isn't over, but I'm doing 4 weeks, like Jen did during her experiment.)

6) This season, most of Taylor's clothes have been hand-me-downs from a friend who gets them from family members. Her daughter is a season behind Taylor size-wise, so we get to borrow them in the meantime. Awesome! Even so, Taylor ended up with more clothes than would fit in her drawers. I even had to go through hand me downs and pull out excess. Insanity!

7) Still working on this one...anyone have any lessons learned during clothes month?

No comments:

Post a Comment