Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, May 11, 2012

7: Clothes Week 1-2

Satan has tempted me in some very sly ways so far; it's interesting to me. I usually wear my work clothes 2 or 3 times before dry cleaning them. (May be gross, but dry cleaning is expensive!) At the beginning of this week, I already had two pairs of pants that needed to be dry cleaned (spilled milk on a freshly cleaned pair (Satan's attempt #1), and on Tuesday morning, he tried to make me think I was down another pair because something was on them. I just took a towel and it wiped right off. I guess Satan didn't know, but I'm not that vain. I will wear something a little dirty or even twice in one week if needed!

That is not something I would've said a few weeks ago. I used to not wear the same top twice within a month, much less two weeks. Just goes to show how much excess clothes I used to have (and really still do).

I've also slept late three mornings this week and didn't get up to spend my time with God. I didn't even realize it, but that's probably another way Satan is trying to distract me. I'm certainly going to be more aware next week!

Last note: my watch just made the accessories cut Wednesday. Until then, I had only used 6 of my 7 accessory pieces, waiting to see if I "needed" another necklace one day. I felt very naked without the watch, so another necklace option bit the dust. Crazy how dependent we become on things! I constantly looked at my wrist expecting to know what time it is.

Finally, here are pictures of the cleaned out closet. It's awesome!

Upper left side
Upper right side
Lower right side
Lower left side
Adam's t-shirts
Adam's half side
Pants and dresses
Adam's shorts and jeans

It might not look that different in pictures, but it is! We sold a few of the clothes in the yard sale but most will be donated during next month's look at possessions.

Here's also a beginning to Month 5!

Thanks to my wonderful hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment