Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 26, 2012

ToadLick Music Festival

This weekend, Adam got us TIP (Toadally Important People) tickets to the ToadLick Music Festival in Dothan, AL. It was awesome! We got down there Friday night in time to see Sawyer Brown, one of my favorites from back in the day. They sang a song off their new album that was great too; it is called Smokin' Hot Wife!


Later that night, Clay Walker performed! He was really good! I had so much fun singing his songs. I sent Hilary and Erin a text message with his picture. They were jealous! We (and Lindsey) used to sing his songs ALL THE TIME growing up! He sang all of my favorites, except Hypnotize the Moon.



In between the two, Jake Owen performed. I knew a couple of his songs, but we took off to the TIP Lounge for more dessert. I felt a little old enjoying Sawyer Brown and Clay Walker more than a newbie, but I just don't listen to country music like I used to.

On Saturday night, we got to see Sara Evans perform. I took several pictures of her, but between her shiny outfit and the spotlight, none of them were good pictures. Montgomery Gentry and Dierks Bentley also performed, but we didn't stay for their shows. See admission above that I just don't listen to country music like I used to.

You can't see them in this picture, but I do have on cowgirl boots!

Also, to make the weekend even better, Adam and I went to see Hunger Games before the concerts started. I hestitated to read the books all last year, but finally took the plunge over Christmas break and LOVED them! I read them on our Kindle, but enjoyed them so much, Adam gave me a set for my birthday. So sweet!

I think this movie was a much better adaptation of the book than the Twilight adaptation.

While we were having our fun, Taylor had fun with Nannie and Papa!


She LOVES to ride the golf cart!

What?


Every morning and afternoon, to and from school, there are several different animals we see--horses, cows, donkeys, goats, and even a buffalo! (You'd think we live in the country, but no.) She is always talking about wanting to see those animals, so Nannie told her she'd take her to see donkeys the next time she visited them. Nannie was true to her word and took Taylor to feed some donkeys!


She wouldn't let them eat out of her hand.


We all had a great weekend and were super exhausted when we got home. I know Nannie and Papa were exhausted too! Taylor is a handful!

No comments:

Post a Comment