Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

7: Month 1 - Food


I read 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess this month and decided to start the "experiment" April 1st. Please read her blog about this book for a great understanding of where I've been for a while. Like I mentioned in my first post, God has been challenging us and I think this is one way He's going to open my eyes to His plan.

For month 1, Jen only ate 7 foods (chicken, sweet potatoes, avacadoes, apples, eggs, spinach, and whole wheat bread). Although this is probably a great fast and one I could learn a lot from, this is not sustainable. Therefore, I want to tweak it to something that might lead to better eating/spending habits for me.

I will eat:
1) Anything that is in my house on April 1st (this will get rid of excess we currently have and hopefully change our outlook on buying (unnecessary) food in the future).
2) Anything cooked / provided for me by someone other than my husband (if I didn't add that part in, I could eat anything since he's mostly the cook in our house).

I will buy:
3) Anything from the farmer's market THAT COMES TO MY WORK (how awesome is that??!!)
4) Chicken
5) Greek yougurt
6) Brown Rice

I will drink:
7)Water and green tea (Yes, I know that's two things, but I shouldn't stop drinking something that is good for me, right?)

Also, I'm going to London in April, so I'm going to take a pass that week. I'll make it up during Month 2.

I told a friend this morning that I'm excited/nervous to start next week. I think I'm going to end up doing so much in Month 1 because I can't throw away a bottle or a piece of paper anymore without thinking that in Month 5, I won't be doing that, why should I be now? I also can't wear clothing without thinking, do I REALLY need this, or should I give this away in Month 3?

Wow, this is going to be interesting!

Prayers, comments, and friends to do this experiment with me are all welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment