Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, February 6, 2012

All about Taylor!


This blog post is all about Taylor! I picked this picture because it pretty much epitomizes her! She is always happy, hair always in her face and always climbing on or getting into something!

I read about these 20 questions to ask your kids beginning when they're 3 (again, on Pinterest!). I'm attempting to answer as many as I can about Taylor at 2 and add a few more things I want to remember about this time in our lives.

1. What is your favorite color? I think its pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Her puzzles and play-doh
3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes
4. What is your favorite tv show? Dora and Elmo, although we just got rid of cable, so we're down to DVDs.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? not sure...she can be a picky eater when she wants to be...anytime we ask her what she wants though, she says chicken and fries
6. What is your favorite outfit? She's not really picky about clothes, but she loves some boots! Well, shoes in general.
7. What is your favorite game? jump, jump
8. What is your favorite snack? gummy snacks and o-gurt (yogurt)
9. What is your favorite animal? dog
10. What is your favorite song? Baby Bumblebee
11. What is your favorite book? Hello, Big Al
12. Who is your best friend? She would say her teacher, Ms Whitney. But we think its Mallory and Savannah at school. And Miles and Ella outside of school. She loves Jules too, just doesn't get to see her enough.
13. What is your favorite cereal? She doesn't really have one...she really likes her o-gurt
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? jump, jump, ride her Barbie jeep and play on her playset
15. What is your favorite drink? milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? I don't think she has one yet.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Her blanket and baby (although she's not particular about which one)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? o-gurt
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Probably chicken and fries, although she does like spaghetti
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Huh?

During January, Taylor has started counting to 15, sleeping in a "big girl" bed, sitting in a chair at the table and is pretty much potty trained! See, I told you I barely had a toddler anymore!

We count with her all the time and she would never go past 2. (Adam thinks she was afraid of 3 since when I count for her to stop doing something, and get to 3, she's in trouble!) One night we were counting her puzzle pieces and she just kept going, all the way to 15! I asked her why she'd been holding out on us!

We moved her into her toddler bed after one afternoon when I left her out of her crib to take a nap on her Dora couch. I walked in to check on her later and she was IN her crib! She had climbed up and over the railing! Thankfully, even with the monkey that she is, she had never climbed out. But, after that, I didn't want her trying. We were worried she'd climb out of her bed and come see us in the middle of the night, but she doesn't. She stays in there until we come get her. It's amazing!

We also moved her out of her high chair and into a seat at the table. I know I probably kept her in her high chair too long, but I just never found a booster I liked. She was a little hesitant at first, and kept wanting to sit in her high chair, but once we told her "big girls" sit at the table, she was all about it! She loves being a "big girl"!

We struggled getting her to potty with pull-ups since they were so similar to diapers. I finally asked her teacher if she would hate me for sending her in panties. She said no, just bring plenty of changes of clothes. She only had one accident a day the first few days and has been down to no pee-pee accidents for almost two weeks! Although, we still haven't figured out getting number 2 in the potty. Yuck!

One other thing that I think is just too cute...she calls our phones "hellos". When mine rings or makes a noise indicating a text or email, she says "Mommy's hello"! She does know its called a phone because when I ask her if she's seen it, she can find it. But, I don't correct her because it's just too cute!

Being a mommy to this little girl is amazing and I'm planning another post on that soon...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this for Jules. You know her favorite song is Baby Bumblebee too!

    ReplyDelete